Support Peace Efforts in Russia and Ukraine
Subsidize the OPF in supporting Christian activists, peacemakers, and dissidents.
PEACEMAKERS: Are you a dissident and need help?
Follow this link here. A new window will open with a secure form.
DONORS: Are you a donor and want to help activists?
Subsidizing the Orthodox Peace Fellowship in publishing Russian language materials, by activists we help, to combat propaganda and promote reconciliation.
Background photo: UKRAINE, KHARKIV, 01 MARCH 2022: Volunteers help victims people from Russia's invasion of Ukraine. — Photo by PavelDorogoy
ABOUT THIS DONATION
The Orthodox Peace Fellowship is working with a network of Church-affiliated peacemakers, clergy and activists inside Russia and Ukraine. Our work is two-pronged, as we are simultaneously promoting peace efforts both in Russia and in Ukraine. We need your help in funding this work so that we can help those in danger, and coordinate between Russian and Ukrainian peace efforts.
There are many within the Church, especially inside the Moscow Patriarchate who support the Russian war in Ukraine. However, not all Orthodox Christians support this war. There are many voices of peace and reconciliation that are in danger of being silenced if we do not help.
There are many inside Russia who wish to speak against the war but are unable to do so. It is illegal to oppose the war in Russia, with punishments ranging from $45,000 fines to 15 years in prison. These difficulties create a dangerous situation for our network of peace activists inside Russia. Helping these individuals does two things. First, it can save the lives and livelihoods of those who wish to work for peace. Second, by helping voices for peace speak freely we are able to challenge propaganda that uses religion as a pretext for violence.
We ask for your financial contributions to fund this important work. This money will be used for:
- Helping with evacuation and logistics for those in danger in Russia, and supporting their political asylum claims in other countries.
- Subsidizing the Orthodox Peace Fellowship in publishing Russian language materials to challenge propaganda, which tell the truth about the situation in Ukraine and which undermine the religious justification for the conflict.
- Providing material support to political refugees who will lose their livelihoods for speaking out.
- Allowing OPF to fund a dedicated Ukrainian-Russian peace and reconciliation program, which will connect Russian peacemakers with those in Ukraine, amplifying both Russian and Ukrainian voices for peace.
All donations will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Due to the dangerous nature of this work, there are many details we cannot share, but we will be as transparent as possible with our work. We will focus funds on the most high-impact and high-need areas first: supporting those in immediate danger.
Once we are assured of the safety of our partners we will then begin working with them on producing and distributing anti-war material, challenging false narratives, and fostering channels for peace and reconciliation.
Even the smallest donation will help. Please share this widely, on social media, and in person. The attention on Ukraine will not last long, so we must act now while there is a window of opportunity. Here are some talking points to share as you spread the word on this campaign:
- There are many fundraisers which provide material aid, but we also must fund peace efforts that address the roots of the conflict and that challenge the ideological basis for the conflict.
- Our Church partners inside Russia and Ukraine are uniquely positioned to speak the truth and challenge false justifications for this conflict.
- Our organization is uniquely positioned with access to underground movements for peace within the Church.
- Our partners are in immediate danger right now, and need our support to continue to be voices for peace.
OUR DONORS - Thank you!
Note that names on donor wall will be updated once daily to reflect donations. If you have questions about your donation please email [email protected]